Back in June, I blamed less frequent updates on getting a new lathe and messing around with it. Well, here is some of what I have been doing.
I was commissioned to build a fixed blade, EDC cleaver. Challenge accepted! I drew up a quick design and after getting customer approval, got to work.
My last post was in March after completing a mini-cleaver. Since then, the warmer weather led to some household projects we have been putting off until spring/summer. Now that those are mostly complete I can get back to making.
I needed a project to keep busy while waiting on supplies for my next big project. I needed something simple, because there wasn’t much time before new supplies arrived, and I needed something small because I’m almost out of steel. So I started the mini cleaver.
Last September a friend asked me to make them a knife and showed me a couple of pictures of what they had in mind. Continue reading First Commisioned Knife Done!
This is the second and final prototype neck knife. Continue reading Another Neck Knife
Work is finally done on the Camping Knife Protoype.
I scrounged together several hours this weekend to wrap up the first neck knife project. It started out as a series of experiments, some successful, some not-so-much. Continue reading Neck Knife #1 Complete
Sweltering heat and 100% humidity won’t keep me out of my shop! I managed to start working on the handles for neck knife #1. Continue reading Neck Knife Update